stringresponse implements a string answer. An internal textline
tag (see ) is necessary for the student's
response to go in. It can check the string for either case or order.
Possible attributes are:
- answer: required. Specifies the correct answer,
either a perl list or scalar.
- type: optional. Specifies how the string is
checked (like the CAPA styles). Possible values are:
- cs: case sensitive, order important.
- ci: case insensitive, order
- mc: case insensitive, order unimportant. The mnemonic
for this option is "multiple choice", which
is how it was used in CAPA: To allow the user to specify choices from
a multiple choices problem, as in "adce", meaning parts a, d,
c, and e are true. Order didn't matter in such a problem. In LON-CAPA,
using optionresponse with True and False foils would be preferable,
but this will remain supported for easier CAPA to LON-CAPA conversion.