A course coordinator can add TAs, instructors, guests, etc., to the course.
There is also the option to create a new role with customized privileges; see
how to create a custom role in .
To add a user to your course:
Manage course users on the Main Menu.
- On the User Management screen, select
Add/Modify a Course User.
- You can use the Search for a user and modify/add user information or roles section to search for a user by username, or last name, in a specific LON-CAPA domain, or in an institutional directory, if the domain has access to an institutional directory search service. You can also click the Select User link and a window will open with a list of all the users in the course.
Note: If you know the exact username, you can either use a "username is ..." search in the search section, or type the username in the textbox in the Enroll one student section.
- Click the
button, as appropriate.
- Scroll down to Add Roles.
- Click the box next to the roles you wish to activate for the selected user.
- Set the starting dates and ending dates for each role you selected,
and optional section affiliation for instructors.
- Click the
button to complete the process.