If your system administrator has configured your LON-CAPA domain to have access to a data feed for class lists for your institution and your domain coordinator has enabled automatic course enrollment updates, then you can control the behavior of these updates using the Automated Enrollment Manager.
Manage course users on the Main Menu.
- At the User Management screen, select
- The Automated Enrollment Manager will walk you through configuring automatic enrollment updates.
- Adds: enable/disable new enrollments for users added to the roster
- Drops: enable/disable expiration of enrollments for users removed
from the roster
- Enrollment start: a start date/time for auto-enrollment
- Enrollment end: an end date/time for auto-enrollment
- Access start: the default start time for student roles added by auto-enrollment
- Access end: the default end time for student roles added by auto-enrollment
- Section mappings: Mapping of institutional section numbers to section
numbers used within the LON-CAPA course. This mapping permits students
in one or more institutional sections to be identified in the LON-CAPA
course as belonging to a particular section (or to no section).
- Cross-listings mapping: Mapping of institutional courses (including
section number) to section numbers within the LON-CAPA course. Cross-listing
is intended for cases where a course is listed by an institution under
more than one institutional course code.
- Notification messages: Enable/Disable delivery of LON-CAPA mail to
specified recipients (selected from active Course Coordinators).
- Student photos: Enable/Disable automatic import of student photos from an institutional repository. This functionality requires that (a) a conduit has been established from your library server(s) to a directory containing student photos, and (b) the &institutional_photos() routine in localenroll.pm has been customized to use this conduit. Your institution may require the course owner to indicate acceptance of policies governing use of digital student photos. If this is the case, the &photo_permission() routine will have been customized for your domain, and the course owner will need to click a button to acknowledge agreement to the policy, before the option to enable use student photos is enabled in a course.
- Enrollment status: Students in a course are identified internally
by type (auto or manual) depending on whether they were auto-enrolled.
Only users of type 'auto' will be dropped from the course if auto-enrollment
detects expired enrollment. By default, status type is automatically
changed from 'manual' to 'auto', if a manually enrolled student subsequently
appears in the institutional roster when auto-enrollment is run. This
automatic migration can be prevented for individual students by locking
the status type.
- You can also use the Update Roster Now link to reconcile the roster for your LON-CAPA course with the most recent institutional class list for the course.