Syllabus adds a syllabus to your course. By default this will be a traditional syllabus
template page, which can be filled out with standard syllabus information.
To create a syllabus using the syllabus template, do the following:
- Select Course Editor on the Inline Menu or
Edit course contents within the Main Menu
- At the Course Editor screen within the
Main Content Editor tab,
on the menu bar above the course contents.
Next click on
to insert a syllabus template.
- Click the
button to make changes active for the current session.
NOTE: The file will appear in the main course document list, where the user
can move, rename, or remove it. If the user does not click
the changes will become active the next time the user logs in. When
you first add a syllabus to a course using the Course Editor you will need to
click that button in order to be able to edit it.
- Click the Edit link in the Actions column.
- By default the standard syllabus template is selected. Check checkboxes
for any items in the 'Choose template items ...' box which you wish to edit. For one
checked a box containing a text area for editing will be displayed.
For more information about using LON-CAPA's templated
text entry system, please see the Editing Template Files section
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
NOTE 1: To see the student view, click the Exit Editing
link in the Functions menu just below the top of the screen.
NOTE 2: If your syllabus is already anywhere on the web (in or outside of
LON-CAPA), you can either:
- replace use of the standard templated syllabus with
the syllabus available from there, by selecting 'External URL' as the Syllabus Type,
and enter the URL in the External URL textbox, then press
- Specify the URL for inclusion in the bottom field of the Standard syllabus template.