A student-viewable course roster can be enabled in two ways:
- Including a Course Roster item within the Course Contents
using the Course Editor. If you add a student-viewable course roster using the
Course Editor you must also use "Edit" to set whether
students enrolled in your course are listed by default.
- Using the Classlists and staff listing item in Course Settings to set
student-viewable classlist options which include a viewable classlist.
For the first method proceed as follows:
- Select the Course Editor from the online menu.
- Select the Collaboration tab.
- Select the "Course Roster" item.
- Click the 'Edit' link, and set 'Student-viewable roster settings'
One of: 'Classlist of all sections' or Classlist of viewer's section needs to be selected
for the classlist to be accessible to students.
- Click 'Save'
- Click 'Exit Editing'
For the second method proceed as follows:
- Select Course Settings from the Settings dropdown in the inline menu.
- Check the checkbox for Classlists and staff listing and click 'Display'
- Make appropriate selections in the Student-viewable classlist options area
- Click 'Save'
Note: the information displayed in the student-viewable roster is as follows:
- Last Name, First Name (links to user's Personal Information page)
- Username:domain (links to Message creation page to send message to this student)
- Available Portfolio files (if the link to accessible portfolio files is enabled)
You can choose whether student's individually need to opt-in to be displayed in the student-viewable roster.
When display of a student-viewable roster is enabled in a course, a student's inline menu
will include a People item. If display is not enabled that item will be absent.