Receive an external e-mail notifying you when a LON-CAPA message is sent to you
LON-CAPA can send new message notifications to your conventional
e-mail accounts. You can choose the specific types of messages
which will cause notifications to be sent to the e-mail addresses
you provide. The specific types of message
are: critical messages, standard messages or any message. The notification e-mail
will include an excerpt of the text contained in the body of the original LON-CAPA
To receive notification e-mail do the following:
- Either move your mouse pointer over your name at the top left of the page, and select Preferences from the displayed dropdown, or click Main Menu on the Inline Menu and
then select Set user preferences
in the My Space group.
- At the Set my user preferences screen, click the
Message & Notifications link in the Messages & Notifications group.
- In the E-mail notification of LON-CAPA messages section, check
the checkbox labeled Add new address
- Type a notification address into the text field
labeled Notification address. This should be an Internet e-mail
address like email@example.com
- Use the radio buttons to select which types of LON-CAPA message should
cause a notification e-mail to be sent to the specified address. (See the Critical Messages section )
- Choose whether you want any HTML tags contained in the original message body
to be preserved in the excerpt included in the notification e-mail.
- Click the
- Repeat this procedure to add more notification e-mail addresses, one address at a time.