You need to set the copyright and distribution permissions in the
COPYRIGHT/DISTRIBUTION drop-down. This setting controls who is allowed
to use your resource as follows:
Not all of these choices may be visible, depending on the nature of
- System Wide - can be used for any courses system wide is the default. The content can be used for any course within the network, regardless of the domain. Instructors all over the world can find your content and use it in their courses. Once an instructor has selected a resource, the students in the course can have access to it.
- Domain - Limited to courses in the domain published means that only courses
running in the same domain as you can use your content.
- Private - visible to author only is not supported anymore. Use Customized right of use instead.
- Public - no authentication required means anyone can find and use
the resource - even without being logged in to the system.
- Customized right of use means that access to the resource is controlled by a separate Custom Rights file. This file needs to be specified during publication. You can edit a Custom Rights file in your author space, and need to publish it like any other file. Any number of your resource can point at the same Custom Rights file - if you want to change access rights for all of them, you just need to change and re-publish this one file.