There are multiple things here that you will need in order to run an exam.
- You will need to be able to get a file from your scanning office
that is a scan of the bubblesheets.
- You will need to modify the scantronformat.tab file to properly
describe what your data file looks like.
To see a homework problem set turned into a bubblesheet exam you need to set the parameter 'problemtype' for the set to 'exam' using the Parameter Manager, see section .
The set of problems now should automatically convert to a
"bubbled input" display, both online and when printing.
You should be able to print out all of the exams now and there will be
an individualized exam for each student.
When grading the exam you will need to
- View any problem within the set
- Click on
- Click on
- You will then need to upload the bubblesheet data file to the LON-CAPA
- Once it is uploaded go back to the
Grade/Manage/Review Bubblesheet screen
- Fill in the Specify file and which Folder/Sequence to grade form
From there on out LON-CAPA tries to describe what is going on in detail so
reading the screen and answering the questions should be straight
We are also supporting anonymous mode of using bubblesheet exams.
Basically some people don't want to take the time to hand out 300
exams to individual students (e.g., to make sure Alice gets Alice's exam and
Bob gets Bob's exam.) So we have another mode, where we generate
different exam versions all of which have a 6-letter 'CODE' which
control the random numbers. The generation and grading of these is a
bit more complex.
- Go to a resource in a course
in the Functions menu.
- Select 'Selected Problems from < mapname > for CODEd assignments'
- Specify formatting information for the printouts of your exam
- Type in the number of exams you want generated
- If you want to save the CODEs for later so the bubbled input can be
validated, type in a name to save them under
- Print them out
- Fill in some bubblesheet forms
- Get them scanned
- Upload the scan results
- Go to a resource in the exam
on the Inline Menu
- Click on
- Select the map, datafile, bubblesheet format that knows where a CODE
is on the form, and the name that CODEs where saved under
Grading: Validate Bubblesheet Records|
- Follow the on screen prompts