To send internal LON-CAPA messages:
- Select Messages on the Inline Menu or
Send and display messages on the Main Menu.
- At the Communication/Messages screen, select
- Type the "username" you want to send the message to. Please note that
this is not an e-mail address but a LON-CAPA username.
(*1) Note: If you don't know the username, click on the
Select User link.
Another screen will open and you can select a user from the list.
- Choose the user's domain from the dropdown list if different to your
domain (which is selected as default).
- Enter any additional recipients.
- Type the Subject in the "subject" text box.
- Type the message in the text box.
- (*1) If this is a "critical message", select "Send as critical
message", see .
- (*1) Select "Send copy to permanent e-mail address (if known)"
to make sure that an external notification e-mail is additionally sent to the
user's permanent e-mail address (if exists), independent from the user's
personal message notification settings, see .
- Click Send.
(*1): Only available in course context, i.e. with selected Course
Coordinator or Instructor role