To add course content, either select Course Editor on the Inline Menu or
Edit course contents
on the Main Menu.
There are several ways you can add a new resource to the course:
- Organize documents into folders for structure
(see section )
- Link or Upload a document from outside LON-CAPA, for instance by creating
a link (see section ) or
by uploading a document from your hard drive such as a PowerPoint presentation or a
PDF file (see section )
- Import a Published Resource from the LON-CAPA network (see section )
- Configure Grading resources such as Simple Problems, Drop Boxes, and External Scores.
- Configure Collaboration tools such as Discussion Boards, Course Rosters, and Group Portfolios.
- Create Other items, e.g., from a prepared template (see section )
For example, this category includes a Table of Contents,
which creates a resource in the course that displays the list of course contents.
Because the first resource opens for students when they login, using a Table of Contents as
the first resource may be a good idea. This category also includes Blank Web Pages.
To change the order of the resources, click on the blue up or down arrows next to
the resource you wish to move. Repeat this until you have all the resources in the
order you want them. Other options include: Remove or Rename.
Menu tabs have changed between version 2.10 and 2.11. The equivalent commands are:
|2.10 Menu ||2.11 Menu |
|New Folder ||New Folder |
|Import Content ||Upload |
|Published Content ||Import |
|Special Documents ||Collaboration |
NOTE: Changes made to Main Content are visible upon next log in, or by